Monday, February 14, 2011

A Real Kabul Winter...



Ok...this is a real Kabul winter. We had a couple days of heavy snowfall and cold tempratures. If it was a little bit colder, it would have been just like home! Unfortunately the sun came out today and the snow is already gone, turning the place into one big muddy mess.
The gal in the white coat is "MJ" who is in the CF and attached to the Embassy staff. The other lady is also attached to the Embassy in the developement portfolio...her name is Racima. They are both great ladies and true Canadians as they had to be outside playing in the snow as well.
The picture of the young Afghan is a lad who always hits us up to buy a bracelet from him. I have promised him that I will buy a couple before I head home...I give him credit, he is determined. Just like a postman he is always there...neither rain, nor snow, nor sickness...



4 comments:

  1. Snow makes a difference, could be Canada........it is supposed to go up to nine today with rain......he does look like an energetic fellow, put me down for a bracelet.............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who would have thought that they would get that much snow. Now are they like Vancouver, unprepared. Hey, put me down for a bracelet also.

    Take care,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave,
    I just love the photos.You can tell you are a true Canadian Boy...Playing in the snow and throwing snow balls at one another....
    You just put a great big smile on my face.

    Happy Valentines Dave

    Love Debra

    ReplyDelete