Sunday, August 15, 2010

Barbur Gardens - Part 2






I wanted to post some additional photo's from Barbur Gardens as I found the place so intriguing. I have seen a place with so many stark contrasts. The grit and grime of the city, right outside the peace and serenity of the gardens.
The one picture is not a real skeleton, but one made of wire. It was part of the art display and I believe the artist was trying to portray the effects of the war on Afghan women.
The other piece that really made me think, is what Afghanistan would have looked like today if there had not have decades of war and conflict. The beauty of the architecture and gardens really makes you realize what possibilities exist, if peace could be found.

1 comment:

  1. You are so right Son in your comment of what it would and could look like. We take so much for granted

    ReplyDelete