Monday, August 16, 2010

Jennifer's Getting Married!


Well tonight I have the most exciting news a parent can have.....our beautiful daughter is getting married!
I received an email from Jennifer's boyfriend (sorry, I guess it is now fiance') asking me if I could give him a call. I dialed up Brandon with slight trepidation as Debra and I were both hoping he was going to ask for permission to marry Jennifer but as all parents know, when kids ask for you to give them a call, you are never really sure what to expect.
After Brandon told me how special Jennifer is, how much he loves her and that he would like my permission to marry her, I tried to talk but got all choked up. I think there must be something in the Kabul water and I am turning into an emotional wreck.
I will leave it to Jennifer and Brandon to share with everyone what their plans are for thier special day, but for now all I can say is how proud Debra and I are of our little girl and the picture above is how Jennifer will always look to us in our eyes....

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture of a beautiful girl.
    We are so pleased with the wedding news and especially that they have decided to do the wedding here in Kelowna......So I guess Debra there will be a big party here after all..

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful news!!!!! We too are real proud of your little girl. Both girls are an absolute pleasure to be around. Brandon is a great kid and the two of them make a great couple. We look forward to the special day. Congratulations to you all.
    All our love,
    Don, Janet, Cody, Donny & Memphis

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great news I received when I was in Vancouver this past weekend. I am also a very proud auntie. Looking forward to that special day next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So that's what Jennifer's natural hair colour looks like.... always wondered! Way to go Jenn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to the happy couple and the entire Critchley family!

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to the big day ! it's been awhile since we have gone to a wedding ..congrats to Brandon and Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW

    What great news.

    Dave - Its your shout!!

    We are very happy for all concerned.

    Wyn - I am booking you for some stick buns.

    Shell and Daz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone!!!!We are very excited!!!! We will keep everyone posted when we have a date!!!Thanks again everyone!!!

    Jennifer and Brandon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sticky buns will be waiting, will be great to see you all again, the years have just gone by too quickly

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am always avalible for sticky buns xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. In case anyone is wondering.........sticky buns is how you say Cinnamon Buns in Australian......just kidding.......they happen to be David and Sarah's favourite after a swim.............

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations to Jennifer and Brandon. What fun for your family to have a wedding to look forward to! best wishes to all of you.

    ReplyDelete